Windy Day Mug Rug
This sweet quick hitter of a project is the perfect pick me up for beating the cold winter blues away. The applique details allow you to use up your smaller fabric leftovers.
Mug rugs are the perfect small project for testing out new skills. Such as:
- Choosing the right fabric and fusible to prep the applique pieces.
- Hand-stitching simple embroidery and adding embellishments.
- Layering and binding your quilt sandwich.
Annie’s Creative Studio video classes walk you through each step.
Materials listed make 1 mug rug.
- Scraps white, orange, red and black tonals or solids
- 1 fat quarter blue/white snowflake print
- 1/8 yard blue solid
- 2 (8″ x 9″) rectangles batting
- Black and white No. 8 pearl cotton
- 2 (1/8″-diameter) black buttons
- 1/4 yard 18″-wide fusible web
- Air- or water-soluble pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Once you have your supplies together, it’s time to get stitching. Here is a sneak peek of the Windy Day Mug Rug class.
We love the idea of wrapping a mug rug with your favorite coffee or hot cocoa blend for the perfect winter gift. Start your class today!
Love video classes and want to see more? Be sure to check out a few of our favorites here.