Scrappy Quilt Binding
Calling all Quilters! We want to remind you not to discount your small scraps because when stitched together, they can add up to big impact to your project as quilt binding.
Now, that sounds nice but we know you want to know the details and we have you covered!
Nancy McNally has a great video class to show you how to create scrap binding step by step. She will walk you through the process of planning different varieties of scrappy bindings and reminds us that a scrappy quilt binding makes a fun highlight for whole cloth quilts too!
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Efficiently chain-piece your bindings
- Attach your binding from front to back as well as back to front
- Join the ends of the binding for a perfect fit
- Use decorative stitches to add extra interest to your binding
- Cut, piece and attach a bias binding
- Create the Barber Shop Pole binding by using offset strips
- Add unexpected excitement to your quilt edge with a faux piping binding
As a bonus, the video binding class includes complete step-by-step instructions for the Chesaning Square Dance Lap Quilt. Here is a sneak peek of class.
Quilt binding doesn’t have to be boring! We love how Nancy uses decorative stitches and shows us how to make faux piping. These details really add a statement to any quilt.