Free Quilted Envelope Clutch Tutorial
Leather plus fabric looks so sophisticated when combined together. This envelope clutch tutorial gets 5 stars for form and function!
We love quilted designs for more than just quilts. The generous size of this envelope clutch lends itself to hold all or your essentials for day or evening or use it to encase your tablet or slim laptop for the office.
Get creative with your quilting. We love the mod look of the half log-cabin design here and think a herringbone or flying geese pattern would look equally sharp.
The envelope clutch finishes at approximately 14 3/4″ x 10 1/2″. Interior details include patch as well as zippered pockets. Love You Sew provides tons of tips along the way!
- Faux leather/ Vegan leather / Vinyl (1/2 yd)
- Lining & Pocket Fabric (1 yd)
- Pieced Panel scraps (1/4 yd)
- Pieced Panel Lining Fabric (1/4 yd)
- Woven Fusible Interfacing [Pellon SF101] (2 1/2 yds)
- Ultra-firm Sew-In Interfacing [Pellon 70 Peltex] (1 yd)
- 9″ Zipper
- Magnetic Snap
- Coordinating Thread(s)
- Poster Board (optional for cutting pattern templates)
- Spray Baste or Fabric Glue Pen (optional)
- Quilting Clips
Never sewn with Vinyl or Leather before? No problem, check out these tips before you begin.
For even more bag making projects be sure to check out our project library here.