Dresden Plate Pillow | Free Pattern
The Dresden Plate circular quilt pattern dates back to the 20s and 30s, and it has stood the test of time to still be relevant today.
Dresden Plate Stats-
- Size: Can be any size. The sides of a wedge are angled. The degree of the angle determines the number of wedges needed to complete the circle.
- Make your own: You can purchase rulers to help you create Dresden plates with accuracy and speed at your local quilt shop or here online.
- Where to use: They are most commonly found on quilts, wall hangings and home decor.
We love Dresden plates for highlighting a variety of small fabric prints. Adding a Dresden plate to a pillow or other home decor makes a big impact. We love the idea of making a pillow for each season, or gifting one to a new homeowner.
Supplies Needed for the Dresden Plate Pillow Tutorial
- 2/3 yard of white solid fabric for pillow front
- 2/3 yard of pink stripe fabric for pillow back
- assorted scraps of fabric 7″ tall by 4″ wide
- 1 Fat Quarter – 1/2 yard of red stripe fabric for piping
- 18″ pillow form
- 18″ zipper
- 4 yards 1/4″ corded piping
- Dresden Plate Ruler and pointer tool
- basic sewing supplies
- sewing machine
Small fabric projects are perfect for busting through your scrap stash. Choose a variety of prints or solid colors for very different looks. Or, let the shape really shine with a single solid color for the Dresden plate. Find the full pillow tutorial by clicking the button below.
Coral & Co. even has a video Dresden Plate Quilt Block Tutorial. Sit back and take a look.