Don’t let those spring showers get you down! We encourage you to watch for the rainbows with this free pillow sewing pattern.
The Rainbow Umbrella Pillow is a fun applique project for colorful springtime decor. We think it’s the perfect porch sitting pillow!
- Heat n Bond Lite
- HeatnBond Fusible Fleece
- Small scrap of Fusible Medium or light Weight interfacing
- 18″ Pillow Form
- Pillow center: 15 1/2″ X 15 1/2″ square
- Pillow front border: 1/8 yard
- Small piece of white fabric 2″ X 4″ for hearts on umbrella
- Rainbow Umbrella Applique: 1 3/4″ X 13″ strips of 5 fabrics
- Pillow back: fat quarter or 1/2 yard
If you aren’t sold on the bold rainbow colors, consider swapping them for pastel shades or make the umbrella one solid color.
Love the umbrella design but not a fan of the applique technique? Well, we found this cute patchwork block from The Sewing Loft.
It’s perfect for scraps, comes in 2 different sizes and can easily be made into that sweet pillow above. You can find all the details here.
Remember, our free pattern library is bursting at the seams with new projects for you to stitch from your stash! Be sure to check it out and find your next stitching adventure.