Brighten any baby nursery with this Rainbow Puffs Baby quilt! In later years, use the rainbow scheme to teach all about ROYGBIV.
In this online video sewing class, Heather Valentine demonstrates each step to make the vibrant Rainbow Puffs Baby Quilt and shares tips along the way to help. This popular style of puff quilt is also called a biscuit quilt.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Create texture with inset or setting blocks.
- Set blocks on point.
- Quilt on a diagonal.
Quilt Size: 373/4″ x 49″
Block Size: 4″ x 4″
Number of Blocks: 83
- 1 1/2 yards white tonal
- 1 1/4 yards total assorted bright tonals and prints in red, coral, pink, orange, yellow, lime, green, turquoise, blue, purple, and magenta
- 1 3/4 yards total assorted scrap fabrics or muslin
- 1/3 yard yellow dot (or another color from assorted bright tonals and prints)
- Backing to size
- Quilt Batting
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
- Walking or even-feed foot to fit sewing machine
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
We love the playful rainbow color scheme, but use the same technique with colors to match baby’s nursery for a totally different look. Tummy time just got a whole lot more colorful!!