Christmas Balls Table Runner
Ready for a little Christmas in July inspiration?!? Get a head start on holiday sewing with this Christmas Balls Table Runner video class.
With five alternating Christmas balls, you can add a festive look to any holiday table. We love how you can step away from the traditional red and green, to completely customize the look for your own holiday decor. Creative combinations might include frosty shades of blue or pretty pinks.
Let Annie’s Creative Studio walk you through quilting a Christmas table runner in a confident beginner video episode.
During this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Create the illusion of a circle with triangles, squares and rectangles.
- Learn the sew-and-flip method.
- Work with small rectangles (1 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches).
- Select directional fabric to strengthen the design.
- Scraps gray tonal at least 1 1/2″ x 12 1/2″
- 5 Christmas prints fat eighth cuts
- 1/3 yard coordinating stripe
- 5/8 yard white solid
- 7/8 yard ornament print
- Backing to size
- Quilt Batting to size
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Handmade Christmas decor items often become heirloom pieces passed down for generations, which is why we enjoy making them so much!
Keep the holiday spirit flowing with these easy gift ideas.